Tranquil

Monday. 10am.

My parents wanted to take me and my bro for some picnic trip with our family friend, to a waterfall/picnic site at Ulu Kenas, Kuala Kangsar. I've been locked up in this cave (my home) for far too long and I've been out of reach from civilization for such a long time actually.

At approximately 11.30am, we've reached our destination and as we're venturing through the narrow kampung road, a glimpse of the past strikes. I recognize this place. I actually went to this place during my shitty BTN camp (Biro Tatanegara) which kinda mentally and physically tortured me. I went to the camp just for the sake of the co-curricular marks. History aside, the place was swarmed, like literally swarmed with seas of people, and though today is the 2nd day of Chinese New Year, there's even Chinese people there.

The place was well managed and administrated, it kinda astound me actually. Compared to every picnic site/waterfall I've ever went in my entire 20 years of existence, this one reigned supreme in every aspect. Fortunately the weather was behaving pleasantly and the lush green trees that shade us from the sun rays made the place even more...picturesque.


But being this close to nature, being able to immerse yourself in this amazing landscape, is just needed to clear up your mind and soul. As I lay my palms on the frigid river, I can feel the nature's touch within me, rejuvenating every cell, every particle within me; cleansing my troubled mind and soul.

Amid the crowd, amid the noise, I felt tranquil.

February 12, 2013

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.